Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Super8Filmaker Magazine-Balloon Cover...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member sanderpander's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2003
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Are there any good tricks in the "Handy household film gadgets" article? I'm pretty much in a DIY situation - everything(tripods, film, lighting etc.) costs a fortune for my standards. Helpful hints are always welcome here! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    um er, well, I leafed through the magazine and found MANY good articles. I have to admit though, I wasn't impressed by the household gadgets.

    They were a bit too simplistic. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get the information out.

    Scanning a whole magazine would probably take way too much memory.

    I'll probably start reviewing parts of the magazine as time permits.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member sanderpander's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2003
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, maybe then just list the ones you thought were good. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="verdana, sans-serif"> I have to admit though, I wasn't impressed by the household gadgets.
    They were a bit too simplistic.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That I can imagine. But aren't they supposed to be? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Rather than list the rather short short short list of ones that I thought were useful, I'll just put th whole list.

    OK, I'm glancing over the list and It's probably one of the few poor articles I've ever seen in the S8 filmmaker magazines!

    I will take the 10-15 minutes to do this, but I don't have the time right now!

    Sorry I don't have the time right now.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 27, 2003 02:08 AM: Message edited by: Forum-405 ]</font>

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Scott Spears's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2001
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Seeing that cover almost brought tears to my eyes. I remember waiting each month for "Super-8 Filmmaker" to arrive. My brother and I would fight over who got to read it first. I found my box of Super-8 Filmmaker mags several years back, but then they got lost in a move.

    Scott

  6. #16
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lost in a move!

    An archive lost. In honor of your experience I've made the Super-8 filmmaker magazine a forum new topic "button".
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    I also like the way it looks. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just thought I'd bump this. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member oldasdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Off point, but you may find this interesting.A year or so ago, Video maker changed the logo of the magazine.

    The actual magazine name that replaced Super 8 Filmaker was called Moving Images.It had a picture of a guy on one side shooting with a Beaulieu and another guy with a JVC single tube video camera.Maybe it was the same guy and the picture was a composite?It was an attempt to reach both super 8 film and video people.It only lasted one issue and the magazine went belly up.

  9. #19
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have that Moving Images issue. It works great as a substitute Dartboard. [img]cool.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •